Independent Investment Advice
Balanced Investment Strategies
The Perfect Portfolio
What would the perfect investment portfolio look like?
On a scale of 1 – 10, I believe it would require high numbers in the following areas:
The key ingredients:
– Exceeding inflation would be a minimum objective
– Stabile and high income is preferable
– As Roy Rogers indicated we all want a return of our investment
– Having a good understanding of what we own gives us confidence when we need it most.
The perfect portfolio would need to be tax efficient
– It would need to keep costs down to a minimum
– It would be able to convert to cash quickly with little to no transactional costs
A FORWARD LOOKING PROCESS
RATHER THAN MONITOR JUST PAST PERFORMANCE A FORWARD LOOKING PROCESS CAN HELP DETERMINE WHEN FUTURE MARKETS WOULD TRIGGER A POTENTIAL PROBLEM OR OPPORTUNITY.
See: The Sky is Falling